Sony Music Announces Winner of the “Enter The World of Hans Zimmer Competition”
Sony Music Announces Winner of the
“Enter The World of Hans Zimmer Competition”
Toronto, December 12, 2020 — The six official winning videos of the “Enter the World of Hans Zimmer” video production competition are now official. Sony Music and YouTube launched the global competition together with Hans Zimmer on September 4, inviting video makers to create original music videos to five recordings from the “World of Hans Zimmer” album.
Over the course of the campaign, participants from 40 countries have created more than 400 videos to five original compositions: “Gladiator Orchestra Suite: Part 3 Now We Are Free”, “Inception: Time – Orchestra Version”, “The Da Vinci Code Orchestral Suite: Part 4”, “The Dark Knight Orchestra Suite” and “The Lion King Orchestra Suite”.
The six winning videos are from producers from the US, Indonesia, Australia, Italy and Germany and have been officially released as music videos and featured on Hans Zimmer’s YouTube channel by December 10.
To celebrate the video premieres, YouTube and Sony Music produced a livestream for Hans Zimmer’s official YouTube channel featuring Hans Zimmer and jury members. The moderator of the event was TV-host Annabelle Mandeng.
The jury members are: Lorne Balfe – composer of Pacific Rim or MI:Fallout; Zoë Zimmer – visual artist and photographer; Russell Emanuel – CEO of Extreme Music and Bleeding Fingers; Christopher von Deylen aka Schiller – electronic music producer and visual artists; Maria Elena Gutierrez – CEO VIEW Conference; Sandra Tomek – artistic producer and director of the World of Hans Zimmer live show; Michael Balgavy – Art & Video Director of the World of Hans Zimmer live show.
To participate in the campaign, video makers had to register on entertheworldofhanszimmer.com and needed to upload the finished production to their own YouTube channel using the contest’s hashtag #EnterTheWorldOfHansZimmer.
The winners are:
· Inception – Time (Orchestra Version), Director: Neil Smith, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
· Inception – Time (Orchestra Version), Director: Shahrzad Mazloumsaki, Bremen, Germany
· Lion King (Orchestra Suite), Director: torrikabe | thoriq Yasirrahman, urwokerto, Central Java indonesia.
· The Da Vinci Code (Orchestra Suite) – Pt. 4, Director: Razif Djamaludin, Mortlake, NSW, Australia
· The Dark Knight (Orchestra Suite), Director: Charles Eck, San Diego, USA
· Gladiator (Orchestra Suite) – Pt. 3 – Now We Are Free, Director: Tommaso De Portu, Rome, Italy
Link to the Videos announcing the winners and including a special message from Hans Zimmer:
Link to the World of Hans Zimmer Album: https://hanszimmer.lnk.to/WoHZLW