At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment (SME) is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Reporting to the Director, Artist Marketing, the Manager, Artist Marketing will be responsible for developing and overseeing all aspects of marketing in Canada for new frontline releases from artists on Sony’s local and international rosters. Being digitally savvy, you will also be involved in the creation of an online strategy in coordination with other departments. You will be the primary liaison with artist management, repertoire centres, and International Marketing. The Manager will ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of their projects by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
- Developing release plan strategies and initiatives for a specific roster of domestic and international artists
- Working collaboratively to help create a digital marketing and social media strategy for both physical and digital content
- Execution of release plan initiatives and development of creative content
- Acting as the primary liaison between Sony Music Canada and artist management, as well as international label affiliates for a specific roster of artists
- Effectively preparing, administering, and managing project finances
- Communicating project information internally and externally
- Researching and analyzing market information and individual project analytics
- Developing marketing programs and campaigns with third-party brands and agencies
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience, with preference for experience at a record label managing projects across a diverse range of popular music genres
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills as you will need to be comfortable interacting with international senior management and high profile clients, sometimes in high-stress situations, while maintaining a professional, positive and calm demeanor
- Exceptional people management skills, and the ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multitask under stressful and demanding situations
- Strong grasp of and curiosity about consumer and internet culture and trends
- The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are absolutely required
- Must be able to travel to attend meetings/shows/shoots as required
What We Give You:
- A modern, diverse and innovative work environment
- An investment in your learning & development
- An excellent range of benefits, including health and dental group insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability plans, group RSP Pension scheme, tuition reimbursement, and EAP program
- Winter recess (office closure Christmas through New Year’s)
How to send us your information:
- Let us know why you would be the perfect candidate for this position – submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. Only those chosen for interview will be contacted. Thanks for your interest.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.