This position is an unpaid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual school program requirements.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., a division Sony Music Entertainment, is a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
As a National Media Relations intern you will have the opportunity to observe and assist in the day to day activities of the Media Relations team.
Enrolled in a Post-Secondary program with a focus on music, entertainment, digital media, communications, public relations, journalism or marketing
• Detailed oriented
• Professional attitude
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn
• Knowledge of the media, outlets & general understanding of public relations
• Knowledge of social media strategy (content creation, audience engagement/growth)
• Avid social media user (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, Tik Tok etc.)
• Web savvy with excellent internet research and computer skills
• Creative with an eye for engaging content
• Familiar with online music platforms/services (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.)
• Interested in music and the music industry
• Knowledgeable about current trends
• Strong writing abilities with experience communicating to an online audience
• Enthusiastic, outgoing and motivated
• Basic skills in HTML, Photoshop and using content management systems (CMS) are considered an asset
• Monitor and record our social channel metrics
• Assist in social content scheduling
• Create original content to be posted across social channels
• Monitoring and clipping press articles pertaining to Sony Music Artists
• Creating and distributing daily press updates
• Creating press reports
• Servicing music videos to television stations
• Drafting new release updates
• Providing journalists with photos, biographies, and press releases
• Updating contact lists/cold calls
• Researching music and lifestyle sites for promotional opportunities
• Writing copy and drafting social media posts
• Moderating content and flagging improper comments
• Assisting with internal reports
• Monitoring artist activity on social networking sites
• Assisting with updating artist websites and social media channels
• Online research and analysis
• The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 4 days a week.
Benefits: While the internship is unpaid, interns receive a per diem to help cover the cost of transportation and meals.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for a Social Media/Communications internship, please send your application to [email protected] and include “Social Media/Communications” in the subject line.
In addition to your resume and in lieu of a cover letter, please provide a brief social media campaign pitch that would include 2-3 posts (max. 100 words) for one of our artists on a platform of your choosing (ie. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc). Please signify what your campaign is aimed at (ie. engagement, growth, sales etc) and discuss or show the type of content and copy you would use within the campaign.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.