This position is a paid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual program.
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
As a Social Media Intern, you will have the opportunity to observe and assist our Social Media Manager and to support the development and execution of various initiatives, including:
- Researching music and lifestyle sites for promotional opportunities
- Writing copy and drafting social media posts
- Moderating content and flagging improper comments
- Assisting with internal reports
- Monitoring artist activity on social networking sites
- Assisting with updating artist websites and social media channels
- Online research and analysis
- Enrolled in a post-secondary or training program with a focus on music, entertainment, digital media, communications, journalism or marketing
- Avid social media user (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube, etc.)
- Web savvy with excellent internet research and computer skills
- Familiar with online music platforms/services (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.)
- Interested in music and the music industry
- Knowledgeable about current trends
- Strong writing abilities with experience communicating to an online audience
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and motivated
- Basic skills in HTML, Photoshop and using content management systems (CMS) are considered an asset
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 full days a week.
Benefits: A modern, diverse and innovative work environment. As well as an investment in your learning & development.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for a Social Media internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “Social Media Internship” in the subject line.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.