This position is a paid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual program.
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
As a Sales intern, you will have the opportunity to observe, assist and support the account management team with the development of sales initiatives and strategies on a regional and national account level including:
- New Release Information Gathering:
- Previous Release Sales Analysis & Data Mining
- Research & Sales Data Analysis:
- Account Market Share & Sales Reporting
- Priority Sell Through Reports
- Sales Program Post Mortem Analysis
- Rebate Grids
- Enrolled in a post-secondary or training program with a focus on Sales, Data Analysis, Packaged Goods, Retail Marketing and/or the Music Industry.
- Computer/systems savvy, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook and the ability to learn multiple software systems from scratch.
- Working knowledge of social networking platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, Instagram, Vine etc.)
- Working knowledge of contemporary music.
- Familiar with the current physical/digital music retail and streaming service landscape.
- Interest in entertainment marketing and business development.
- Great attitude/Team player.
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 days a week.
Benefits: A modern, diverse and innovative work environment. As well as an investment in your learning & development.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for a Sales Internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “Sales Internship” in the subject line.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.