This position is an unpaid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual school program.
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
The National Promotion Dept. is responsible for maximizing the exposure of Sony’s domestic and international roster through radio/video airplay and for on air/online content development. As a National Promotion intern you will have the opportunity to observe and assist in the day to day activities of the National Promotion team, including:
- Tracking weekly radio and video airplay and chart positions
- Audio and video servicing to media partners
- Managing email campaigns sent to radio clients
- Gathering creative assets for radio campaigns
- Creating artist hype sheets and PowerPoint presentations
- Updating artists’ tour itineraries
- Executing events/artist showcases
- 1-Day shadow with Ontario Promo Rep
- Enrolled in a Post Secondary program with a focus on radio/television or marketing
- Computer and social media savvy
- High attention to detail
- Creative, with a passion for music
- Professional attitude with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, team player
- Strong desire to learn
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is an asset
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 days a week.
Benefits: While the internship is unpaid, interns receive a per diem to help cover the cost of transportation and meals.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for a National Promotion internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “National Promotion Internship” in the subject line.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.