This position is an unpaid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual school program requirements.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., a division Sony Music Entertainment, is a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
As a National Media Relations intern you will have the opportunity to observe and assist in the day to day activities of the Media Relations team.
- Enrolled in a Post Secondary Public Relations/Communications program
- Detailed oriented
- Professional attitude
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Knowledge of the media, outlets & general understanding of public relations
- Monitoring and clipping press articles pertaining to Sony Music Artists
- Creating and distributing daily press updates
- Creating press reports
- Servicing music videos to television stations
- Delivering music digitally to media
- Drafting new release updates
- Providing journalists with photos, biographies, and press releases
- Updating contact lists/cold calls
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 days a week.
Benefits: While the internship is unpaid, interns receive a per diem to help cover the cost of transportation and meals.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for a Media Relations internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “National Media Relations” in the subject line.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.