This position is an unpaid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual school program.
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
As an Influencer Relations Intern, you will have the opportunity to observe and assist our Media & Influencer Relations Manager and to support the development and execution of various initiatives, including:
- Research active creators and influencers on short-form video platforms, including TikTok, Twitch, Triller and Instagram Reels for promotional partnerships
- Mine Sony artist repertoire and catalogue for unique campaign opportunities
- Research and catalogue content on social platforms that use Sony owned sounds, with focus on our Canadian roster
- Create unique audio/video concept examples of short-form video campaign ideas
- Assist with internal reports and tracking
- Online research and analysis
- Monitor artist activity on social networking sites
- Write copy and schedule short form video social media posts
- Moderate content and flagging improper comments
- Enrolled in a Post-Secondary program with a focus on music, entertainment, digital media, communications, journalism or marketing
- Avid social media user on all platforms, a major plus for TikTok, Triller, Twitch and Instagram
- Web savvy with excellent internet research and computer skills
- Familiar with online music platforms/services (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.)
- Interested in music and the music industry
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date with the latest TikTok trends, a plus if the candidate is an expert on major world and pop culture events
- Strong writing abilities with experience communicating to an online audience
- Experience and understanding of audio and video editing is considered a major asset
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and motivated
- Basic skills in HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Rush (or similar video editing software), and using content management systems (CMS) are considered an asset
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 full days a week.
Benefits: While the internship is unpaid, interns receive a per diem to help cover the cost of transportation and meals.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for a Social Media internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “Social Media – Influencer Relations Internship” in the subject line.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.