This position is a paid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual program.
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded
music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast
catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
As a Distributed Labels Intern, you will have the opportunity to observe and assist our Distributed Labels
team and to support the development and execution of various initiatives, including:
- Provide assistance and support for a busy and robust distributed labels team, including overall
day‐to‐day operations surrounding a full roster of diverse labels, artists and releases.
- Provide assistance in the creation, editing, and development of marketing and retail support
- Analyze historical release data and assist in the development of data for sales solicitation.
- Liaise with Sony Music affiliate labels with respect to requests for parts, artwork, photos, videos,
- Assist and support by performing general office administration and related assignments.
- Enrolled in a post-secondary or training program with a focus on Business, Sales, Marketing, and/or the
- Computer/systems savvy, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook and the
ability to learn multiple software systems from scratch.
- Working knowledge of social networking platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud,
Instagram, Vine etc.)
- Working knowledge of contemporary music.
- Familiar withthe current physical/digital music retail and streaming service landscape.
- Interest in entertainment marketing and business development.
- Great attitude/Team player.
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to
participate in the program at least 2 full days per week.
Benefits: A modern, diverse and innovative work environment. As well as an investment in your learning & development.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for a Social Media internship, please send your resume to
[email protected] and include “Distributed Labels Internship” in the subject line.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.