This position is a paid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual program.
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
As Commercial Marketing Intern you will have the opportunity to observe and assist Commercial Marketing Managers who are responsible for the overall management of catalogue and compilation projects, including:
- New release marketing
- Researching, building and communicating one-sheets for new release projects with in-house designers to be used in communication to retail accounts
- Catalogue maintenance
- Working with existing digital and physical product partners to exploit Sony Music’s catalogue and ensuring existing data is correctly communicated to all parties
- Front line compilations reporting
- Soundscan & Mediabase reporting
- Enrolled in a post-secondary or training program with a focus on music, entertainment, or marketing.
- Computer/systems savvy, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and the ability to learn multiple software systems.
- Working knowledge of social networking tools (Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud etc.)
- Working knowledge of contemporary pop & dance music.
- Interest in entertainment marketing and business development
- Great attitude
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 days a week.
Benefits: A modern, diverse and innovative work environment. As well as an investment in your learning & development.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for an internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “Commercial Marketing Internship” in the subject line.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.