This position is an unpaid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual school program.
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
As a Marketing Intern you will have the opportunity to observe and assist our team of Marketing Managers who are responsible for the overall management of artist projects, including:
- Researching historical data for marketing plans
- Creating artist “sell sheets” for Sony Music’s New Release booklet
- Coordinating mass mail-outs for College servicing
- Duplicating CD/DVDs etc.
- Preparing Award certification paperwork
- Brainstorming ideas/materials for marketing projects
- Assisting in the planning and execution of events for various projects
- Enrolled in a Post Secondary program with a focus on music, entertainment, or marketing.
- Professional attitude with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Creative and detail oriented with a strong desire to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Self-starter and a team player
- Knowledge of music industry, current music and pop culture is an asset.
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 days a week.
Benefits: While the internship is unpaid, interns receive a per diem to help cover the cost of transportation and meals.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for a Marketing Internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “Artist Marketing Internship” in the subject line.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.