This position is an unpaid internship. Duration of internships determined by individual school program.
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
- Collecting sales, social media, & radio statistics for domestic artist reports.
- Scouting festival line-ups & identify artists to watch.
- Updating weekly local show calendar.
- Researching blogs, daily internet publications, and weekly papers for new, independent, talent.
- Attending bi-weekly A&R meetings.
- Compiling assets and statistics for department marketing tools.
- Enrolled in a Post Secondary program with a focus on music, entertainment, or marketing.
- Social media and computer savvy.
- Creative, with a passion for music.
- Involved in the music community.
- Detail oriented.
- Professional attitude with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, team player.
- Strong desire to learn and develop skills.
- Knowledge of the Canadian music landscape including record labels and Independent artists.
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 days a week.
Benefits: While the internship is unpaid, interns receive a per diem to help cover the cost of transportation and meals.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for an A&R internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “A&R Internship” in the subject line.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.