At Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
This opportunity is a fourteen (14) month contract.
Sony Music Canada is looking for an exceptional professional to join the Media Relations team. The ideal candidate will be immersed in the world of social media and on the cutting edge of new trends & technologies. They will have a solid grasp of the Canadian media landscape and be recognized as a highly motivated team player with effective interpersonal skills.
The Coordinator, Social Media and Communications will
- Responsible for posts, replies, and general content for Sony Music Canada’s social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, SnapChat, TikTok and YouTube, as well as any potential new media platforms.
- Collaborate on the creation of a road map to expand Sony Music’s online presence in the social media forum.
- Work closely with internal groups to brainstorm, create and execute innovative social media initiatives for specific projects and artists.
- Design visual assets to optimize social media content and campaigns in collaboration with the digital services and marketing teams.
- Budget, launch, and monitor advertising campaigns on SMEC social media platforms.
- Use social media monitoring and analytics tools to provide reporting on online conversations and campaign metrics.
- Stay on the cutting edge of new trends and technologies and research new applications, tools and promotions to engage fans online.
- Post and share real-time content from concerts attended and any relevant media/press/industry events.
- Provide overall administrative support to the National Media Relations department, including updating shared calendars, answering general enquiries, invoicing, purchasing, and facilitating contract approvals with legal department.
- Establish and maintain database of contacts with our press/media contacts and our primary artist relations supplier companies (transport, major hotels, photographers, catering companies etc.)
- Responsible for managing, hiring interns and supervising completion of work.
- Monitor press clippings service, existing artist key word lists and refine and adjust the terms as needed.
- Oversee the clipping and storage of news articles and the preparing of reports and spreadsheets.
- Manage the digital servicing of new music and videos to media.
The position requires frequent evening and weekend event management responsibilities. The candidate will demonstrate the ability to balance a varied, full workload and the organizational and situational management skills needed to meet high-pressure deadlines and time sensitive crises.
- 2 years of experience working in the music industry, journalism, or an associated field
- Successful completion of a post graduate program in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related discipline from a recognized program
- Music/ lifestyle/ industry media acumen
- The ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask under stressful and demanding situations
- Basic understanding of HTML, photo editing & digital photography is considered an asset.
- Experience using web analytics and/or social media monitoring tools is recommended as well as superior research and fact checking skills
What We Give You
- A modern, diverse and innovative work environment
- An investment in your learning & development
- An excellent range of benefits, including health and dental group insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, group RSP Pension scheme, tuition reimbursement, and EAP program
- Winter recess (office closure Christmas through New Year’s)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR team. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.