The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Label Management
Direct Reports: No
The Coordinator, Label Management & Sales will report to the Senior Manager, Label Management and will provide support for the day-to-day operations of the sales and label management teams. You will have excellent organization skills with the ability to multi-task, a creative spirit, and a passion for music!
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Sales & Label Management teams across a variety of functions
- Compile and circulate weekly DSP recaps of global placements for priority releases
- Maintain and distribute weekly sales, marketing and insight reports for release campaigns internally and externally
- Consistently inform and educate labels with current and developing best practice
- Ensure essential pitch information is available to sales teams for priority releases
- Working with the Digital and Physical Sales teams to help maintain new release grids, long lead schedules, release recap decks and more.
- Maintain marketing tools (photos, album art, other assets) as needed by the sales team
- Assist label management team with operational requests
- Assist in preparing presentations and sales plans, both internally and externally, as needed
- Provide communication support across clients and various global team leads and departments
- Organize and maintain team resources and guides
- Attend and contribute to regular sales and marketing meetings
- Special Projects as assigned
- General admin support for the sales and label management teams as needed and requested.
Who You Are:
- A highly organized professional that pays close attention to the details with the ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- You are experienced in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Workspace Applications and are adaptable to new programs
- A clear and effective communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners and senior management
- You have good knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- You are able to adapt quickly to a changing environment with minimal disruption while being a team player
- You are resourceful and a self-driven problem solver
- You are passionate about the music business and have a desire to build a career in the industry
- Prior work or intern experience at a record label or music distribution company preferred
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, provincial, or local law.