The Manager, Account Management & Marketing Canada will report to the Vice President, Canada, The Orchard, work closely with the Vice President, Account Management, US & CA, and is responsible for day-to-day CA digital account management, liaising with the labels and internal Orchard teams plan, pitch, and execute campaigns.
- Work directly with the Vice President, Account Management, US & CA to identify priorities, execute strategy and pitch all Orchard releases.
- Oversee the day-to-day CA account management business to identify and execute strategy, and pitch Canadian and international priorities to Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, Tidal, TikTok, Deezer, SoundCloud and more.
- Develop strong relationships across the account base including content/ editorial, marketing, sponsorship, reporting, and day to day contacts.
- Work closely with the Retail Team for North America to create/develop campaigns, track success, and create result-driven campaign recaps combining analytics and marketing.
- Lead weekly account pitch meetings and participate in all North American Retail team calls to help strategize and execute on release plans.
- Create and share insights and analysis with Account Managers, Product Managers and Labels/Label Managers on opportunities to enhance our business/ artist exposure.
- Participate in label calls and make presentations to Labels and accounts on behalf of the Canadian market and communicate to the team developments and opportunities in the market.
- Optimize sales and marketing opportunities with the Label Management, Artist Services, Analytics, Marketing, and Advertising teams on artist and label plans in order to drive new business initiatives to maximize artist exposure.
- Represent The Orchard Canada Sales team in label meetings and make presentations to US labels and accounts on behalf of the Canadian market.
- Regularly attend shows and develop/maintain social relationships.
- Prior experience with relationship management (content, sales, and/ or marketing) and/or working for a distributor with contextualizing data
- Working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists
- Excellent time management, organization, attention to details and communication skills are a must
- Must be respectful, assertive, confident, and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and balance priorities while being a team player across multiple teams
- An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools, such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
Why The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.