Category: Social Media (Influencer Relations)
Work Location: Liberty Village, Toronto and Mile-Ex, Montreal
Job Type & Duration: Part-time Internship, 3-6 Months
Compensation: Paid Internship
Shift Information: At least 2 days a week, 9AM to 5PM, up to 24 hours a week
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
As an Influencer Relations Intern, you will have the opportunity to observe and assist our Media & Influencer Relations Manager and to support the development and execution of various initiatives, including:
- Research active creators and influencers on short-form video platforms, including TikTok, Reels, YouTube Shorts, Twitch & Triller for promotional partnerships
- Mine Sony artist repertoire and catalogue for unique campaign opportunities
- Research any catalogue content on social platforms that use Sony owned sounds, with focus on our Canadian roster
- Create unique audio/video concept examples of short-form video campaign ideas
- Assist with internal reports, tracking and other administrative tasks
- Online research and analysis
- Monitor artist activity on social networking sites
- Pursuing education/experience within the music, entertainment industry with a focus on digital media, communications, journalism or marketing
- Avid social media user on all platforms, a major plus for TikTok, Triller, Twitch and Instagram
- Web savvy with excellent internet research and computer skills
- Familiar with online music platforms/services (Spotify, Apple Music, etc.)
- Interested in music and the music industry
- Knowledgeable and up to date with the latest TikTok/Social media trends, major world and pop culture events
- Strong writing abilities with experience communicating to an online audience
- Experience and understanding of audio and video editing is considered a major asset
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and motivated
- Basic skills in HTML, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Rush (or similar video editing software), and using content management systems (CMS) are considered an asset
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 full days a week.
A modern, diverse and innovative work environment. As well as an investment in your learning & development.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for a Media Relations – Influencer Relations Internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “Media Relations – Influencer Internship” in the subject line.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.