This position is a paid internship. Duration of internships determined by specific program or as discussed with hiring manager.
As a Sales and Label Management intern you will have the opportunity to observe, assist and support our label managers, account manager and production team. These teams are working directly with record labels and artists to release music and the role may include focus on the following:
- New Release information gathering:
- Previous Release Sales Analysis & Data Mining
- Compiling info for playlist pitching
- Organizing playlist placements and assets needed for or from the DSP’s
- Music Connect reporting
- Physical releases- organizing newsletters, store promo shipments
- Organizational tasks:
- Creating new forms for new processes
- Updating spreadsheets
- Compiling general Orchard Canada and associated label or artist news to be shared internally
- Computer/systems savvy, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, Gmail and the ability to learn multiple software systems
- Working knowledge of social networking tools (Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, TikTok, etc)
- Familiar with the current physical/digital music retail and streaming landscape.
- Experience with some or all of the following Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, You Tube, etc
- Interest in music, entertainment marketing and business development
- Organizational skills, including attention to detail, scheduling, ability to meet deadlines, etc
- Positive attitude, Team player
The internship will operate within normal business hours and candidates should be available to participate in the program at least 2 days per week.
Applying: If you are interested in applying for the Sales and Label Management internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “Sales and Label Management internship” in the subject line.
About The Orchard®
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.