Category: Artist & Repertoire (A&R)
Work Location: Liberty Village, Toronto and Mile-Ex, Montreal
Job Type & Duration: Part-time Internship, 4 Months
Compensation: Paid Internship
Shift Information: At least 2 days a week, 9AM to 5PM, up to 24 hours a week
Sony Music Canada carries on the Canadian operations of Sony Music Entertainment, a global recorded music company with a roster that includes both Canadian and international artists, as well as a vast catalogue that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
The A&R department is responsible for seeking talented artists for our roster. We are looking for an exceptional intern to join the team on a short-term basis. As an A&R intern, you will have the opportunity to observe and assist in the day-to-day activities of the A&R team, including, but not limited to:
- Collecting sales, social media, & radio statistics for domestic artist
- Scouting festival line-ups & identify artists to
- Updating weekly local show
- Researching blogs, daily internet publications, and weekly papers for new, independent,
- Attending bi-weekly A&R
- Compiling assets and statistics for department marketing
- Enrolled in a post-secondary or training program with a focus on music, entertainment, or
- Social media and computer
- Creative, with a passion for
- Involved in the music
- Professional attitude with exceptional interpersonal
- Self-starter, team
- Strong desire to learn and develop
- Knowledge of the Canadian music landscape including record labels and independent
A modern, diverse and innovative work environment. As well as an investment in your learning & development.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for an A&R Internship, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “A&R Internship” in the subject line.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.