At Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., we fuel the creative journey. We have played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We have nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we are committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Sony Music Canada is looking for an exceptional professional to join the People Experience team. The ideal candidate will be immersed in the world of human resources and aware of current trends, policies & technologies. They will have a solid grasp of the Canadian human resources landscape and be recognized as a highly motivated team player with effective interpersonal skills.
The Associate Manager, People Experience will
- Communicate with team members, advising on employee policies and practices and answering Human Resources related questions and queries
- Maintain, administer and develop accurate HR records electronically and on HR systems to ensure compliance with legislation
- Administer and coordinate recruitment efforts, including posting roles, reviewing candidates and reference checks
- Lead administrative responsibilities across the employee life cycle including onboarding, orientation, changes and terminations
- Support DEI and Philanthropy initiatives across the Canadian business
- Manage monthly reports as outlined (vacation, leaves)
- Payroll backup
- Assist with both routine and confidential initiatives / activities / projects and ensure timely, accurate and complete process adherence
- Active member across SMEC committees (including social committee, health and safety committee and corporate environmental sustainability committee)
- Manage PX Intranet SharePoint site
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources or Business-related field is an asset
- 2-3 years of HR-related experience and working knowledge of HR trends and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and be a self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to take the initiative, problem solve and multi-task
What We Give You
- A modern, diverse and innovative work environment
- An investment in your learning & development
- An excellent range of benefits, including health and dental group insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, group RSP Pension scheme, tuition reimbursement, an EAP program, Health and Lifestyle Benefit Plan.
- Winter recess (office closure Christmas through New Year’s)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR team. Reasonable accommodation will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.