At Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., we fuel the creative journey. We have played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We have nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we are committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
Sony Music Canada is looking for an exceptional professional to join the Digital Operations team. As an Associate, Digital Operations, you will be responsible for the distribution of Sony Music’s digital catalogue of products to our digital retailers in addition to other task to support our full suite of digital operations.
The Associate, Digital Operations will ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the department and their projects by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
- Deliver audio and video content to global digital service providers using Sony Music’s proprietary systems
- Work closely with product managers coordinating various Audio and Video projects
- Provide assistance and support to Manager, Digital Production & Delivery
- Support creation and updates of product metadata per label requests
- Ensure quality control based on various requirements both internally and with digital service providers.
- Optimization of metadata for voice data requirements.
- Setting pricing campaigns on domestic and international releases as requested by sales team
- Handle all asset archiving including audio, video and art for A&R and Catalogue teams.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service meeting product strategy and deadlines for delivery
- Assist with backup support for Digital Operations team
The work environment is fast-paced, and the ideal candidate will have the ability to inspire clear, careful, and well-communicated outcomes on a wide number of matters in time-sensitive situations.
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Operations or Business-related is an asset
- 1-2 years of operations or administrative experience preferably within the music industry
- Needs to be highly tech-savvy quickly understanding new information systems and processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and be a self-starter
- Ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to take the initiative, problem solve and multi-task
- Highly skilled in cross team functionality and communication
- Ability to work closely with other team members while, at the same time, taking responsibility for and initiative over personal workload
What We Give You:
- A modern, diverse, and innovative work environment
- An investment in your learning & development
- An excellent range of benefits, including health and dental group insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, Group RRSP Pension scheme, tuition reimbursement, and EAP program, Health Spending/Lifestyle Benefit
- Winter recess (office closure Christmas through New Year’s)
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR team. Reasonable accommodation will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.