At Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
This opportunity is a fourteen (14) month contract.
Sony Music Canada is looking for an exceptional professional to join the International Marketing team. As an Associate Manager, International Marketing, you will be responsible for developing, executing, and supporting international marketing campaigns to maximize the awareness of Sony Music Canada’s domestic roster globally, as well as supporting the day-to-day operations of the International Marketing department.
The Associate Manager will ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of the department and their projects by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
- Provide assistance and support to the Director and Snr. Manager International Marketing, including overall day-to-day department operations
- Manage a small roster of developing domestic artist singles/EPs/albums, including all aspects of international marketing for those projects in tandem with Sony Music affiliates globally
- Liaise with Sony Music affiliates/licensee/distributed labels internationally and provide them with project related materials to aid them in executing effective marketing campaigns on behalf of our domestic artists
- Research, hire and work with international third-party service companies (PR etc.)
- Create and manage roster-specific international marketing plans and budgets
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to create an international digital marketing content strategy including some content development
- Research and analyze market information in tandem with individual project analytics
- Communicate detailed project information and updates internally and externally – a keen awareness of the current music consumption landscape is essential
The work environment is fast-paced, and the ideal candidate will have the ability to inspire clear, careful, and well-communicated outcomes on a wide number of matters in time-sensitive situations.
- Our preferred candidate has a degree in marketing or recording arts/entertainment management
- Two to three years’ experience in marketing/international marketing preferably within the music industry
- A solid grasp of consumer, internet and social media culture and trends and a demonstrated understanding of associated analytics
- Must be highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills (proficiency in another language is an asset)
- Candidate must have exceptional interpersonal skills and be a strong team player
What We Give You:
- A modern, diverse, and innovative work environment
- An investment in your learning & development
- An excellent range of benefits, including health and dental group insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, Group RRSP Pension scheme, tuition reimbursement, and EAP program
- Winter recess (office closure Christmas through New Year’s)
Let us know why you would be the perfect candidate for this position – submit your cover letter and resume for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR team. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.