At Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc. is a member of the Sony family of global companies.
This opportunity is a twelve (12) month contract.
Sony Music Canada is looking for an exceptional bilingual (English/French) professional to join the Quebec marketing team. As an Artist Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing and overseeing all aspects of marketing, primarily in Quebec, for a specific roster of artists.
The Manager will ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of their projects by successfully accomplishing the following responsibilities:
- You will formulate and execute the marketing strategy, working alongside the Senior Marketing Manager for the Québec market, for a specific roster of artists, with a primary focus on French repertoire and secondarily on international artists in conjunction with the frontline artist marketing team
- Being digitally savvy, you will be involved in the creation of an online strategy in conjunction with other departments.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to create a digital marketing content strategy including some content development
- Act as the primary liaison between Sony Music Canada and artist management, as well as international repertoire centers
- Effectively establish, administer, and manage project budgets
- Communicate detailed project information and updates internally and externally
- Research and analyze market information in tandem with individual project analytics
- Plan and execute promotional events, showcases etc. when safely possible
The work environment is fast-paced, and the ideal candidate will have the ability to inspire clear, careful, and well-communicated outcomes on a wide roster of projects in time-sensitive situations.
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience, with preference given to experience at a record label, managing projects across a diverse range of popular music genres
- A solid grasp of consumer, internet and social media culture and trends and a demonstrated understanding of associated analytics
- Well-versed in the musical landscape and culture of Quebec with established industry relationships
- Strong writing and communication skills (both French and English), as well as interpersonal skills
- Comfortable interacting with international senior management and high-profile clients, sometimes in high-stress situations, while maintaining a professional, positive, and calm demeanor
- Exceptional ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multitask
- The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are absolutely required
- Must be able to travel (when safe to do so) to attend meetings, shows, etc. as required
What We Give You
- A modern, diverse, and innovative work environment
- An investment in your learning & development
- An excellent range of benefits, including health and dental group insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability plans, group RSP Pension scheme, tuition reimbursement, and EAP program
- Winter recess (office closure Christmas through New Year’s)
Let us know why you would be the perfect candidate for this position – submit your cover letter and resume in both English and French for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sony Music Entertainment Canada, Inc. is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our HR team. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.